The Dorm Room Diet
The "freshman 15" can be avoided if you consciously decide to sit on the sidelines during late-night pizza binges! Living the college life often translates into late-night studying while snacking on junk food, ordering pizza after a long night of partying, and forgetting about that pastime once practiced in high school - exercise. With the stress of exams and all of the changes taking place as you enter college, it is easy to forget about all of the healthy eating habits you once had at home.
The Dorm Room Diet says it's not about restricting food or counting calories, but about putting you in the driver's seat when it comes to making healthy choices that you can live with for the rest of your life. What you eat today will set the stage for your future well-being. All you need to do, according to creator Daphne Oz, is learn the basics about eating healthy and learn to consciously make the right decisions - and know that you are in control of what you choose to eat.
What Makes The Dorm Room Diet Different?
The Dorm Room Diet is not a fad diet or a crash diet that will leave you deprived and longing for the foods you love. It is based on a balanced diet and focuses on the challenges college students face with regards to eating well on campus. Practical, easy-to-follow advice is laid out on how to navigate your way through the cafeteria, pizza boxes, and frozen entrees without setting the stage for a heart attack.
What is The Dorm Room Diet?
The Dorm Room Diet is an eight-step program that says you will achieve and maintain a new healthy lifestyle that can be adopted on a college campus.
- Step one offers some words of inspiration and ideas for motivation - what will make you want to change the way you eat?
- Step two uncovers the reasons college students find it so difficult to eat healthy and offers solutions to adopt and maintain healthy eating habits - you are not destined to gain the freshmen fifteen!
- Step three states you should eat from all of the food groups, focusing on whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and healthy fats. Watch out for the "stop-drop-or roll" foods which will make you tired, hungry, and fat if you eat enough of them.
- Step four teaches how to manage your time, money, and storage space in order to eat healthy. Stock up on healthy snacks like nuts and dried fruit for those not so big micro-fridges.
- Step five shows you how to avoid the "danger zones" in college that can sabotage your weight loss efforts. No need to hit the soft-serve ice cream machine every night - it will be there tomorrow.
Step six addresses exercise and ways to squeeze it into your already too busy schedule.
- Step seven talks about supplements and provides cures for common ailments, such as colds, constipation, and fatigue.
- Step eight encourages you to get massages and engage in other forms of relaxation, such as breathing, meditation, and aromatherapy.
A typical day on The Dorm Room Diet would include throwing in a piece of fruit or yogurt for breakfast, rather than resorting to the crushed candy bar on the bottom of your bag, a turkey sandwich on whole wheat for lunch, and grilled chicken and vegetables for dinner. Luckily, you can keep sipping your coffee, since research has shown it has many health benefits. You will not find yourself snacking on chips during those long night study hours, but rather on nuts or popcorn. You will also find a few minutes during the day to head to the gym to get in some exercise or try that new kickboxing class they are offering. Skipping cocktails at the fraternity nearby would be smart as well, since alcohol is just added calories.
Of course, you are in college, so a drink now and then is permitted, but skip the margaritas and opt for red wine. You will eat when you are hungry and not when you are bored, angry, or frustrated as you study for organic chemistry.
Some tips for success:
- Always have breakfast - Eat at least every three hours (three meals and two snacks) - If you want something sinful, count to your age and then reassess if you really want it - Avoid eating within two hours of going to sleep - Never have weight sabotaging snacks in eye sight when studying for your exams stick to veggies, nuts, and soy crisps. - Avoid "addictive" foods which are short-term mood boosters and leave you craving more.
What are the weight loss expectations?
You can expect to lose one to two pounds per week.
Is exercise promoted?
Yes, exercise is promoted. It is encouraged that you do what you like best and mix it up so your body keeps working to its full potential. While there is no one-size-fits-all exercise plan out there, a good overall program to follow is: thirty minutes to an hour of cardio three days a week, one hour of strength training one day a week, and one hour of lengthening (yoga or Pilates) one day a week. (Examples of strength training exercises and stretches are provided).
Are supplements recommended?
Yes, supplements are thought to help you acquire and maintain optimal health. Although the prescription for a supplement regime will vary for each individual, it is important to take a multivitamin daily, along with vitamin C, vitamin E, a multi-mineral vitamin, and essential fatty acid supplements.
Beauty and Makeup Tips Beauty and Makeup Tips Blog was created with the intention of providing unbiased diet, makeup and beauty advice to anyone, anywhere. We'll discuss various ideas, experiences, new research, book reviews, and more.
Tags for `The Dorm Room Diet`:
The Dorm Room Diet,Diet,Weight loss
Лучшее средство от простатита - прибор "Союз Аполлон". Отзывы, цены, инструкция.
Scypc.org - The Dorm Room Diet
More Diets Articles:
Does Robert Ferguson's Food Lovers Fat Loss System Work?
Pizza? Biscuits & gravy? The Food Lovers Fat Loss System says we can eat whatever we want and st....
Most Effective Fat Loss Diet - Burn Away Inches of Fat Every 2 Weeks With This Proven Online Diet!
Are you looking for the most effective fat loss diet to finally be able to get the body you've alway....
How Are You Supposed To Handle Special Occasions On The Nutrisystem Diet?
I might hear a comment like: "I am interested in Nutrisystem. I looked at the menu on the websi....
© 2017-2018 All rights reserved. SCYPC.org
The Lose Weight Diets
How to lose weight? How to lose weight fast? Atkins diet, Low carb diet, Diet plans, Apple cider vinegar weight loss, Diabetic diet